Monday 19 December 2016

Junaid Jamshed Life and Death


Junaid Jamshed

Junaid Jamshed, is a Singer is well-known for Singing, Pakistani superstar. Born on 03 Sep., 1964

Junaid Jamshed was one of Pakistan’s most popular musical artists when he ruined his career as a pop star in 2003 to lead what he considers a valid religious life. The ex-heart throb is barely recognisable these days, choosing to dress in simple shalwar kameez and sporting an ever growing beard.

The singer is best known for gems such as Sanwali Saloni, Goray Rang ka Zamana and Yeh Shaam, talks exclusively to MVUK about his journey from pop celebrity to religious enlightenment.

He originally rocketed to fame in 1987 with the nationalistic song Dil Dil Pakistan as the lead singer of Pakistan’s first ever pop band, Vital Signs. After a string of chart topping songs, the band cracked in 1995 and Jamshed began his solo career, achieving even more success. This was also the start of his life changing spiritual passage. He recalls the turning point in his search for inner harmony. In October 1997, I went with a friend for three days in a jamaat (a spiritual group), it is the most memorable instant of my life. It was then I realized what a big fault my whole life had been and that I needed to modify.

Although he continued delivering hit after hit, he also spent many nights resting on mosque floors in search of religious studies. It was another six years before the Pakistani pop legend came to the end that his vocation was not well-matched with Islam. He bid farewell to the pop scene on 14 August 2003 and revealed that the choice was not a simple one to take. It was a hard choice as music was my biggest fervor, my career and livelihood, Jamshed said.

He recalls the day he declared that his pop career was over. I was very sad because music was in my blood and under my skin and the only thing I was used to. But, I also wanted to please Allah - I did not want to be someone who was written in his bad books. Despite his announcement, the singer was unable to leave the pop world for another year due to contractual tour and album obligations.

Now a committed Muslim, he explains why it was essential for him to leave pop music. Islam does not allow music, particularly the way it is done these days and the money that you be paid from it is Haram (not permitted). It was not the kind of life I required to lead. He now hopes to motivate people as a preacher rather than a pop star. In my previous life, I used to call others to something which was against Islam, but now I call them towards Allah and ask them to fulfill what he wants them to do.

Jamshed admits that he was very anxious about his opportunity after music due to family tasks. He says these concerns led him to project into business even though he was not business minded. He now runs one of the most successful designer clothes chains in Pakistan and is appreciative to God for his achievement. In a very short-time of two and a half years the business has developed rapidly. This is from Allah; he notices every little thing we do for him and his rewards are boundless, Jamshed said.

The 41 year old claims that he is far better-off today than he ever was at the tallness of his celebrity and says he does not miss the glamour, esteem and the cash. He compares the two phases of his life. What did I get out of my music? I used to come across audiences that listened to me; I got a lot of reputation; and made lots of cash. Though, there is no lack in those things, even now. When I go out in the pathway of Allah, thousands of people still come and listen to me. I have my own business now which nets me a very good amount of money. And as far as fame is concerned, at the start I was famed for being a singer and now I have a lot of respect in the hearts of people.

The change in Jamshed’s image was a upset to many - from leather pants and hip trembling performances on stage to a beard and kurta. So how did everyone react to his significant decision? He says there was a big tumult after his statement and the fans that had once been passionate about him were against him. At first most people thought I was crazy. It was hard for them to take as I was telling them that the whole thing that I had done was not accurate.

Jamshed is pleased that his family were helpful. His wife in exacting welcomed the alteration. My wife was reassured as it was a much better option for her. Even though I did not get up to much, I was expected to guide a positive lifestyle because of the career I was in. According to the media, I was an undying playguy and they would link me to one woman or another. So for my wife it was a nice change, Jamshed said.

The father of four continues to live with his family in Karachi and says his three sons and daughter have all reacted in a different way. My daughter loves the transform in me, but when my youngest three year old son sees a photograph of me from the past, he thinks it is somebody else! My eldest son, aged 13 is the only one that really remembers the two chapters of my life.

Loyal to his belief, the former pop star feels that he has a liability to guide citizens on to the right path and often does Islamic talks, including in the UK. After channeling his efforts into charity work, Jamshed now prefers to concentrate on dawat (attracting others to Islam). I was involved in raising cash for a hospital, which is now complete. I don’t think I will be doing much aid work as it was not an easy thing to do; it is a big mission ensuring that the money is exhausted in the right places, said Jamshed.

The talented artist was at the summit of his profession when he chose faith over fame and luck. In spite of the vivid change, he maintains he has no regrets about his choice. I do not miss any part of my earlier lifestyle at all. My new life is simple, pure and good-looking. I think that if you bring into your life the commandments of Allah and the way Prophet Muhammad performed them, your life can become heaven even in this globe.

Jamshed has not deserted music altogether. Devoted to spreading the sound of Islam, he newly released his initial nasheed (Islamic-song) album, Jalwa-e-Janan, which has by now been well received by the masses in the country of Pakistan.

Jamshed said from one of his favourite quotes from the Quran: Allah does not change the state of people unless and until they themselves make an effort to change their lives.





Junaid Jamshed As Mullah


Junaid Jamshed died with his wife in a plan crash near Chitral, Havelian, 25 December 2016.

Bollywood celebrity Aamir Khan says that he was surprised over the tragic death of previous singer turned Islamic scholar Junaid Jamshed in a plane crash.

"I met Junaid Jamshed and Maulana Tariq Jameel twice when I went to carry out Umrah with my mother,"

"I found Junaid Jamshed to be a very spiritual and modest person," he said.

Indian actor said that he was in shock after learning about the tragic death of Junaid Jamshed.

Junaid Jamshed, his second wife and 45 other passengers and crew members died when their flight PK661 crashed in Havelian town of city Abbottabad on way to Islamabad from beautiful Chitral valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment